Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:23:38 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
Subject:   Re: disk geometry confussion

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 02:30:51PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> piotr.smyrak@heron.pl wrote:
> >Please enlighten me. What way I should follow?
>
> First, make sure you've updated your machine to the most recent BIOS.
> Next, check the BIOS config about your disk drives, and if there exists an
> option to allow you to choose LBA mode rather than C/H/S, use LBA mode.
>
> NeXT, try using MS-DOS fdisk to create a small DOS partition.  The re-run
> the FreeBSD installation, which now ought to see the partition table as
> your system wants it.  Don't try to re-enter the partition table info
> yourself unless you know exactly what you are doing.
>
> If this doesn't work, provide more details (which version of FreeBSD, what
> you computer hardware is, and what your partition table looks like).

I have had the same problem with FreeBSD-5.2, WD 250G. Windows would
install fine, but FreeBSD gave problems with fdisk. I finaly reached a
solution afther trying lot of things, but never knew what I did.

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/