Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:42:30 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Rob Babb <bsd-rbabb@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MySql/Slash broken after upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7

On 2002.11.05 06:06:56 +0000, Rob Babb wrote:

> After I upgraded the system from 4.6 to 4.7 I noticed that MySql dies on boot
> up and since mysql is dead, then Slash dies also. Here's the dmesg i'm
> getting.
>
> Local package initialization:
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/000.mysql-server.sh: 6: Syntax error: "&&" unexpected
This is because /bin/sh has been changed not to accept the syntax used
in your mysql startup file. This has been fixed in ports so you can
either upgrade your mysql or you just take the startup script from the
new port and use that (i have not tried this, but it should work).

This has been asked about a few times before so if you want more
information try searching the maillinglsit archives.

--
Simon L. Nielsen