Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:21:06 +0000
From:      "Matt" <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ddb & kernel panic's

Hi,

I run -CURRENT and have experienced a total lockup of the machine every
couple of weeks where it would just freeze with nothing on the console and I
would have to power cycle it to get it back. Previously I had all the debug
options turned off such as ddb, witness, invarients etc but I thought I
would enable them all to see if I could get anything out of it that would be
of use to you for the next time it happened.

Well it happened again 20 minutes ago but I had DDB_UNATTENDED in the kernel
conf and fsck_y_enable="YES" in rc.conf and so I haven't been able to see
anything.

There is no core dump in /var/crash but this could well be because I only
have 256 meg swap and 256 meg physical ram (I keep meaning to add more swap).

Anyway my question is, is there anything now I can do or read to see what
happened or is it too late now? I assumed DDB_UNATTENDED would still leave
some kind of log somewhere of the panic but I can't spot anything.

Or if it's too late now should I remove DDB_UNATTENDED and just get
backtrace's etc from DDB at the time of crash in the future?

Incidently my kernel/world build is from march 4th.

Regards, Matt.

---
Matt (matt@xtaz.co.uk)
http://www.xtaz.co.uk/