Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:43:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: alpha port of XFree86-4-clients (xdm build fail)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Thanks for your work on this.  It is obviously critical to the alpha
> release of 4.7 that this port be working.
>
> > There also seems to be a secondary problem that xdm dumps core unless you
> > disable XDMCPAUTH in the config file (or build) - I guess I'll open a
> > second PR on that, since I only have a config-file setup for that that
> > avoids the bug...
>
> You should probably also discuss this problem with the XFree86 developers.

You're welcome -- I did the 'hard' work so that it would work for me :).
The rest was window-dressing - ie figuring out how to properly incorperate
my changes into the FreeBSD ports system etc...

I've just now submitted a followup to my pr on this that has two patch
files

patch-aa and patch-ab and a one-line port Makefile change that makes this
all work automagically.

I hope the powers that be have time to get it in before release.

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.