Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:24:31 +0800
From:      Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: capturing a desktop demonstration as a movie

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 07:29 +0100, guru@Sisis.de wrote:
> El día Wednesday, March 01, 2006 a las 11:13:19AM +0800, Ow Mun Heng escribió:
> > There's also one called xvidcap. captures screenshots and then uses
> > ffmpeg to put them as a movie.
>
> Thanks for all hints. I gave xvidcap (from the ports) a try and in
> general it is able to capture the desktop and make a mpeg (...) movie
> on the fly. But even for capturing 800x600 with only 5 frames per
> second it runs in 'missing frames' sometimes and my notebook is
> *very* fast. :-((

That's odd. I gave it try previously, it ran fine on mine. Granted I
only tried it on a very small screen size. (~320x240??) It was a capture
of a SWF file which I wanted to show as an avi. It generated tons of
files though and it really gave my HD a running around.

PS : why is it that this list To's the replies directly to the person
answering and cc's the list instead of To'ing the list only??