Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:02:30 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound/Video in Gnome 2.14

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 00:26 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 21:04 -0700, Frank Jahnke wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 23:53 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > > Sounds like gstreamer is not functioning properly.  What errors do you
> > > see when you run rhythmbox from the command line?

To summarize, Joe found (from "ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/rhythmbox") that RB
was pointing to the wrong libraries.

It appears that when I updated to 2.14 I did not upgrade all of the
media ports (with which I was not that careful).  A portupgrade to the
offending ports fixed the problem.  To be safe, I did a "portupgrade -rf
gstreamer" (at Joe's suggestion) to make sure everything was the way it
should be.  Everything now works.

So, this turned out to be a rather embarrassing rookie error.

My humble thanks to Joe, who once again has offered outstanding, and
timely, advice.

Frank