Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:58:48 -0400
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bpf psuedo device

Unless I am mistaken, I just noticed that the GENERIC kernel
with 4.6 has the bpf psuedo device active by default.
Given the potential security problems, why is this not
commented out? Has the base install sufficiently protected
this from being a security risk? Or, is it a dependency for
something in the base install?
Since I am not running a DHCP server, I am comtemplating
rebuilding my kernel with it off. Does that sound like
a good thing to do?

Thanks
Just Curious
--
Jim Freeze
If only I had something clever to say for my comment...