Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:28:05 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble getting an AVM A1 running in kernel ppp mode

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:42:22PM +0200, Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:

> Now the problem is getting more complicated, even:
> I was wrong about the irq, Linux assigns irq 3 to the A1, FreeBSD only
> recognizes it, when /boot/device.hints says
> hint.isic.0.irq="11"

The AVM A1 is an 8-bit card, so it cannot use IRQ 11.
Looking at the card in front of me I see it has jumpers on it:

IRQ 2-3-4-5-6-7

IO 200-240-300-340

I would try 5 as IRQ. Look for IO conflicts with other cards.
Then again, I suspect the problem lies elsewhere. Hope Gary can supply
a patch.

I believe to recall that 5.0-R had problems with the kernel timer
routines and this got fixed in a later 5.1-current.

So you have two options:

Either go back to 4.8-STABLE or stumble ahead and go for 5.1-RELEASE.
(but I leave the last word to the gurus :-).