Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:42:01 +0800 (CST)
From:      cm c <beatlelittle@yahoo.com.cn>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to write driver with load time parameter support?

I'm still not very clear the way to do this. Does this method do set the parameters at load time or after load ? Cause Linux can
            insmod abc.o param=123;
param is set to 123 when abc is linked to the kernel.

Could u please give me a simple example?

thanks very much!
CcM, a newbie.

Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com> wrote:
In the last episode (Dec 08), cm c said:
> I've done most of my driver, but I need some load time parameters
> to be passed to this driver. Under Linux MODULE_PARM() can do
> this job, how can I do this under FBSD?

I think kernel tunables (set in /boot/loader.conf at boot time or via
/bin/kenv at runtime, readable in-kernel via TUNABLE_* macros) are your
best bet here.

--
Dan Nelson
dnelson@allantgroup.com