Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:54:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        jeff-ml@mountin.net (Jeffrey J. Mountin)
Cc:        cokane@one.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (OT?) best mouse for Intel box?

As I recall, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
> At 03:37 PM 1/3/00 -0500, Coleman Kane wrote:
>> I really, really like the Logitec TrackMan Marble, too bad they don't
>> make them anymore.  They have been replaced with Trackman Marble+,
>> with the 'wheel' functioning as a third button.  The wheel is rather
>> difficult to use as a frequently used button because of it's
>> placement and resistance.  If you really like the mouse, Logitec's
>> FirstMouse+ can be found for about $25 at any geek shop.
>
> Death to mice IMO.  Also on the RIP list is the Vista, which might
> (have) be(en) better for those less coordinated with their thumb.
> Rather wish the Marble and the Vista stuck around.
>
> Use a M$ 2 button serial when I tinker with X every now and again,
> since I can't find a decent trackball.  Without a damn wheel.  To be
> fair a serial backup mouse is handy.

I've got a lot of miles (and a couple of years) on a Kensington
"Expert Mouse", which is a trackball.  The ball is about the heft
and size of a cue ball off your pool table.  My old version has two
buttons; the current ones have four, I believe.

I like it a lot.

You know, the government spent millions of bucks determining the best
input device for this kind of stuff.  It's not by accident the FAA
air traffic controllers have a big trackball next to their radar
screens.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net