Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:21:41 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/ rules!

On Fri 1998-08-28 (15:34), Mark Stosberg wrote:
> the magic you've got going on with the /usr/ports set up just kicks ass. It's
> amazing.  I'm not sure if there could be a mechanism to check for latest
> versions of stuff, that'd be the only improvement I could think to make.
>  Thanks for a great OS!

Read http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cvsup.html for information on how to
update your ports collection.  I must agree, the ports collection was one of
the first main drawcards that FreeBSD had for me, coming from a Linux
environment, and I can't see myself ever going back to it as my main OS.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za