Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 23:18:20 -0500
From:      greeves <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Diskless Wkstns

Over the next week to ten days, I'll be [trying :)] to bring up about a dozen
diskless workstations on 2.2.5R.  I've got the mail archives and handbook
entries that look relevent, but...

(1)  Most everything seems to have been written for 2.0?  I assume that
not much (if anything) has changed: Please correct me if this is not the
case (I'd like to see my house for at least a *couple* of hours this week!).

(2)  Anything specific I should watch out for?

(3)  I know that the "Read Only /usr" topic has been bantered back and
forth (to *death*) on the list, so realize I dont care whether it's a standards
thing or not, I just want to know what filesystems I can *safely* mount read
only: if this means /, /usr/ /tmp, /whatever, it's all good.  I just need to know
what *NOT* to place the RO attributes on...

Thanks
J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org