Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:57:32 +0800
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does freebsd work well on Dell Platforms?

On Monday, 19 March 2001 at  9:54:44 -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	We plan to replace 3 Suns with high-end freebsd systems
> and the University has a contract with Dell.
>
> 	Since wee can probably get the best deal on these
> systems and since they seem to be generally very good, I am
> asking as to whether there are any problems with running freebsd
> on new high-end Dells?

None that I have heard of.  My impression is that Dell is a pretty
good choice.

I note that some people describe having had problems with Dell (for
various values of "Dell", such as IBM, HP and Compaq).  Without
knowing what their problems were, it's difficult to determine whether
the problems had anything to do with the hardware.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.