Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 11:20:02 -0600
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Mary Lee <sjh003@beta.latech.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd

Hmm....
	Way back in the day( 2 years ago? :)), I was running Freebsd 2.2.5 on a
486/dx 33 with 8 megs of ram, connect to my ISP over a modem, with about 10
workstations using the natd service without any problems. Since then, I've
"upgraded" that box to a Packard Bell(Ugh!) p90 with 24 megs of ram and a
cable modem and everything works great!!!

Later

At 11:00 AM 12/3/99 -0600, Mary Lee wrote:
>i have a question...
>i have P90 with 28 megs of ram...
>about to hook up with cable modem soon...
>and i want to run a natd server...
>my friend who already has a natd server had to upgread to 128 megs of ram
>on a p200 so he wouldn't get droped...
>freebsd or unix has been around forever how come suddenly we need so much
>ram...
>isn't there anything i can do to make my 28 megs of ram work???
>
>stephen
>sjh003@latech.edu

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912			www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!