Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:19:51 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Lee Harr <missive@frontiernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Headless Install

On 2004-08-03, Maksym Marchenko <marchenk@in.tum.de> wrote:
> And what you can do with "headless" PC? Can you control this PC only in
> command prompt? Or (may be) you can use anything like X - twm?

Sure. You would use the headless machine to run X clients.

I have a headless PC that serves X sessions for a dozen thin
terminals. The server actually has video if I need to access
the console (I do not have a serial console set up) but I almost
never have a monitor or keyboard attached to the system.