Date:      27 Sep 1997 14:01:34 +0800
From:      russell.ingram@SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM (Russell Ingram)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User mode PPP

I read the "PPP - Pedantic PPP Primer", by Steve Sims It's a great
document. In it he suggests on page 11 (4.2.1.2 the 4th paragraph) that
one can have PPP "bring up a terminal window after dialing". One of the
places I connect to requires this. I looked for an example and in the
sample PPP configuration files in version 2.2.2 I couldn't find an
example of how to do this. Could someone point me in the right
direction.

			Thanks!!
			Russ
			russell.ingram@sandiegoca.ncr.com

PS Being an old UNIX administrator, FreeBSD is very impressive. I wish I
had more time to play with it!!

	And the user mode PPP is really good!!