Date:      11 Feb 1999 17:47:19 +0100
From:      Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PNP settings: how to save?

	Hi Alex!

On 11 Feb 99 at 08:14, "Alex" (Alex Povolotsky) wrote:

 Alex> Hello!  I've noticed that my system upgraded to -STABLE from
 Alex> 3.0-RELEASE doesn't save PNP settings. dset has been removed from
 Alex> source tree and rc.

 Alex> Am I supposed to set up PNP on each boot?

	I would recommend you the following way of configuring PNP devices:

	Put the following lines into /boot/boot.conf:

load kernel
load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
autoboot

	Of course, you need only the second line if you already have a
	boot.conf filled with some commands.

	Put all the configuration commands you need into /kernel.config in
	the same way you type them when configuring the kernel. Here is my
	/kernel.config, for instance:

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388 drq0 3 drq1 5 irq0 5
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x200 drq0 4 drq1 4
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xA20 port2 0xE20 drq0 4 drq1 4
quit

	And here we are! Notice that you don't even depend on kernel
	recompilation if you use this technique.

--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman
				E-mail: voland@plab.ku.dk