Date:      Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:12:05 -0600
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
To:        Dinosaur <dinosaur@tochka.ru>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question of Interest

Dinosaur wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just a question of interest:
> How have you packed so much software to just two CDs?

No one seems to be jumping on this one. While I can take no credit
myself for this feat (and bow down humbly to those who can), I'll
take a stab at a short answer:

* standardized, interchangeable, re-usable parts
* philosophical aversion to bloatware
* much of the software "included" is not really on the discs, it's
just pointed to from within the ports tree and downloaded on demand

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348