Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:32:06 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Caleb Land <bokonon@rochester.rr.com>
Cc:        Jason Portwood <jason@iac.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree86 and the G400

On Thursday, 17 August 2000 at 12:29:39 -0400, Caleb Land wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Jason Portwood wrote:
>

>> Will FreeBSD 4.1 and Xfree86 4.0.1 work with a G400 and take advantage of
>> the dual head feature
>> on the G400 card?  I've seen a lot of posts saying yes but a few mention
>> using a G200 card in the setup in addition with the G400.
>>
>> I can get X to start up fine with the primary display.
>>
>> If this is possible could someone point me in the right direction on it's
>> setup?
>
> Well,
> 	On slashdot (http://slashdot.org/articles/00/08/17/1022241.shtml)
> there was mention that Matrox released a driver for dual and quad head
> cards for Linux.  I checked the site out, and it seems that they are
> binary only :-(

That's OK, since the drivers are in an OS-independent format.  You can
pick them up from
ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2000/beta/.  I've just done
so, and I may be in a position to report on them by tomorrow.  I'm
planning a 3 monitor configuration with a G400 and a Millennium II
(PCI).

Greg