Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:42:51 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "S W" <lordboink@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does mod_php4 include php4?

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:34:35 +0200
"S W" <lordboink@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm setting up apache/snort/acid/mysql, etc, and need php4 for acid.
>
> Acid needs (or certainly used to) phplot, which needs mod_php4, but if
> I attempt to install mod_php4 (needed for phplot) on top of php4, it
> complains that it and php4 install to the same place (and vice-versa).
>
> I have come across a post which suggests that mod_php4 includes php4 -
> can anyone confirm this?

Install php4 - this includes the SAPI stuff that is required for nice
integration with Apache.  It does _not_ automagically update your
Apache config to work with PHP, however.  Seek out the HOWTO on the
PHP site, but I believe all you'll have to do is insert the
appropriate AddType directive in your httpd.conf.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.