Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:13:24 +0200
From:      Victor Meirans <vic@is.lv>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ot: ftp question (proftpd)

Hello,

I am currently using proftpd on 4.4-Release. There is a problem I'm
trying to solve:

I can't figure out how to limit amout of simultaneous ftp *user*
connections to my box.
Let's say I want user joe to be able to connect to my site only 3 times
semultaneously, doesn't matter from where.
There are ways to limit number of hosts per user, and number of
connections per host, but no limiting connections per user.
I think it would be possible to do it using classes, e.g., giving each
user a class, and limiting classes, but with relativly large site
(200-500) users it would be a pain in the ass...

I need this 'cause many users are connecting from common proxies, that's
why limiting connections per host doesn't do for me.

I wrote to proftpd-users list, but still no solution.

Anyone ever having similar problem??? Are there other ftp daemons
supporting that? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

--
ViC