Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:56:42 +0200
From:      "Martin Potgieter" <martin@tradepage.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   memory holes

Hello all,

I installed FreeBSD 4.4 Release on a old pentium 75 with 32 Megs of RAM.  At
first it would not boot, even from the cd.  Then I enabled "memory hole at
16M" option in the bios and all worked fine.  Problem is that the
installation only sees 16 megs of RAM.  Must I disable the memory hole in
the BIOS and rebuild the kernel with MAXMEM option or is there a parameter I
can pass at boot time to tell FreeBSD to use all the memory.. Where would I
put this boot time parameter /boot/loader.conf ??  I am not using any ISA
devices.

Thanks for any help,

Martin