Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 2016 05:17:45 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
To:        "Matthew Seaman" <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?Re=3A?= SOGo - needs removing from 'Wanted Ports'

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 19:36 SGT, Matthew Seaman <matthew@Free=
BSD.org> wrote:

> On 30/12/2015 11:00, Euan Thoms wrote:
> > The SOGo port is already quite mature now, and the last version
> > update I did recently was a simple case of changing the version
> > number and source tarball checksums. Therefore I think it's safe to=

> > say we can remove it from 'Wanted Ports'
> > (https://wiki.freebsd.org/WantedPorts).
> >
> > I don't have a login / permissions for that wiki, could somebody el=
se
> > do it?
>
> Done.  This SOGo port looks like something I'm going to have to try o=
ut
> myself.
>
> 	Cheers,

Thanks Mathew.

Yeah SOGo is the best open source groupware I could find (IMHO). All op=
en standards/protocols, good architectural design, performant. Very sta=
ble, although there are sometimes minor regressions between releases. Q=
uite mature now. CalDAV/CardDav/GroupDAV works well in Thunderbird, And=
roid, iOS. Turns Thunderbird into a fully featured groupware client, an=
d does it well. I've been running it in production for a couple years n=
ow (200+ users), long before I got around to making the port. It runs j=
ust as well on FreeBSD as it does on Linux, if not better ;-)

--
Regards, Euan Thoms