Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:56:12 +0200
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is 4.4 ?

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 03:00:32PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
>
> > Mark - I'm right beside you on your soapbox!!!  I am similarly amazed at how
> > impatient some people are with the FreeBSD project.  Consider M$ in
> > comparison - they are almost ALWAYS late for their promised deadlines -
> > still deliver a $#!Tload of bugs in the late code, never apologise, and
> > still charge you a fortune for the privilege.  I'll WAIT a few days for
> > FreeBSD anytime!

As far as I am concerned I am *glad* that new versions are delayed until
those working on it are themselves happy with it. That is the professional
approach that marks FBSD out from commercial "get-it-out-the-door" now
whatever attitude.

Having said that a small note on the FBSD home page may have forestalled
all the emails here about the September 8th date being missed.

keep on rocking !

--
Regards
Cliff