Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:58:53 +0200 (EET)
From:      Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz@ab-bg.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: yamaha japan relationships anyone?

> Marco van de Voort wrote:

[cut]

> The case centered on the fact that _copies_ of the disassembled object
> code had been made, to enable the reverse engineering.

If I have the drivers and disassemble them "real-time" directly from the
files (dlls, etc) and view the 'source' on the screen what is the
difference between this and viewing the 'source' on the printer? and how
can you recognise the exact source when it is assembler and everything is
so similar. And what about reading the hex dump :). What is 'a copy'?
And what abot 'I don't know, it just worked. Really! cat /dev/random >
~/drivers.tgz' :)
Anyway, how can one proof you've done something illegal?