Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:04:52 -0800
From:      Jason Williams <jwilliams@courtesymortgage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems installing 4.9 on IBM Xseries server

Hello everyone.

Running into a bit of a problem installing 4.9 on a IBM X series server.

The server has 3 SCSI drives with a servRAID card. I have RAID 5 configured
on it.

4.9 did not detect the drives, so im wondering if it even supports it or if
there is a driver I can d/l to use and boot to it.

Here is some output from a second server running *coughLinuxcough*:

SvrWks CSB5: IDE controller at PCI slot 00:0f.1
SvrWks CSB5: chipset revision 147
SvrWks CSB5: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
SvrWks CSB5: simplex device: DMA forced
     ide0: BM-DMA at 0x0700-0x0707, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
SvrWks CSB5: simplex device: DMA forced
     ide1: BM-DMA at 0x0708-0x070f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
Warning: Adapter 0 Firmware Compatible Version is MR600, but should be SA510
Warning: Adapter 0 BIOS Compatible Version is MR600, but should be SA510
Warning ! ! ! ServeRAID Version Mismatch
scsi0 : IBM PCI ServeRAID 5.10.21
   Vendor: IBM       Model: SERVERAID         Rev: 1.00
   Vendor: IBM       Model: SERVERAID         Rev: 1.00
   Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
   Vendor: IBM       Model: 32P0032a S320  1  Rev: 1
   Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jason