Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 00:29:04 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        syko@sykotik.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ADV: FREE DOWNLOAD: Register your web site on over 650 search engines "INSTANTLY".

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:

> > Ewww, spam on a mailing list?  Why not set it so only subscribers can
> > post.
>
> So that Dyson can stay involved in discussions w/o being subscribed?

 In fact no, if this was to be a closed list then be sure that only the
subscribers would have been allowed to post.
 No, everyone can post because this is an open mailling list, whoever has
a problem with -CURRENT should stand a chance to post on the list -- it
doesn't matter wether he's subscribed or not.

 And BTW, be sure that what you saw it's just a small piece of crap that
made it to the list, there are probably thousands of this that are
filtered by the sendmail rules installed on freefall -- so the situation
ain't that bad...

> Best,
> joelh
>
> --
> Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan
>    Fourth law of programming:
>    Anything that can go wrong wi
> sendmail: segmentation violation - core dumped

 Just my $0.02, I'm sorry if I upset anyone...
 Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)