Date:      Fri, 2 Jul 1999 03:26:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Online course delivery software

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Sue Blake wrote:

> Does anyone know of a college using FreeBSD to deliver courses online?
> Do you know what software they use, or what works well with FreeBSD and
> offers rather more than just web based conferencing?
>
> I've seen some Linux software that might work with FreeBSD I'd rather
> see the results of someone else's experiments than be a pioneer, if
> that's possible.

Take a look at some of the mbone stuff, it uses multicast routing to
cut down on bandwidth to multiple endpoints.

You'll need to add multicast to your kernel, also maybe there is
a modified version of cuseeme available...

As far as vidcapture equip, i REALLY REALLY REALLY love my
Hauppage WinTV card, works like a charm...  good freebsd
support as well!

good luck,
-Alfred