Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:06:20 -0600
From:      Jonathan Noack <noackjr@gmail.com>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unable to install/update software

Ronald,
I see you replied via the archives and tried to rebuild the thread
below.  Please copy me directly as I'm not subscribed.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Ronald Klop
<ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Jonathan Noack <noackjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> After installing a new router plus recent updates to ports I'm no
>> longer able to install/update software in Eclipse. =A0When trying to
>> select the site "http://e-p-i-c.sf.net/updates/testing", I get this
>> message:
>> Unable to read repository at http://e-p-i-c.sf.net/updates/testing/conte=
nt.xml.
>> Bad address
<snip>

> The cause is this.
>
> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Bad address
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketGetOption(Native Method)
>
> So it looks likes something isn't going well in the network. Combined wit=
> your new router I would look there. Is there something with IPv6 now?
> Are you familiar with networking sniffing tools as ngrep and wireshark?

The new router is an Airport Extreme.  I also considered IPv6 could be
the problem and tried running Eclipse with
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=3Dtrue.  This didn't change the behavior.
I'll see what I can find with wireshark.

-Jon