Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:07:47 -0800
From:      "Hervey Wilson" <herveyw@dynamic-cast.com>
To:        "Conrad Sabatier" <conrads@home.com>, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: config error

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 05:32:23AM -0800, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
>
> Right, but I noticed his supfile was only pulling the sys sources, which
was
> why I mentioned that.  :-)

OK, good catch. Looks like my Linux heritage nearly bit me. I have restored
/sys sources from the installation CD - this will get me back to where I
started from :)

Being a newbie to FreeBSD, I'd like to make sure I understand things: I
assumed that /sys was the kernel and that syncing and rebuilding a kernel
for the same release as my system (i.e. sync RELENG_4 for 4.2) wouldn't
impact the rest of the system, at least in terms of executable
compatibility, and therefore that rebuilding world wasn't necessary.

What you seem to be saying here is that tracking RELENG_4 sys-all is not
sufficient, I have to have all of /usr/src and make world ?

Thanks in advance,
Hervey.