Date:      Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:04:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
To:        Bachelier Vincent <vincent_bachelier@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP PSC 1350

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Lars Eighner wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Bachelier Vincent wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> anybody know how to make HP PSC 1350 works ?
>> on linux I use ptal but it would work on Freebsd
>>
>> my printer is USB one
>
> It is supposed to be supported by the hpoj port which
> is in the *graphics* ports (not the print ports).
> These are the linux drivers, and should function in the
> same way.

I apologize for that reply.

> A table of supported HP products can be found at
> http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/ .

Although PSC 1350 is listed as supported by hpoj, and although
FreeBSD has an hpoj port, it appears that FreeBSD does not have
sufficiently good USB support to make this printer functional.

I too now have a paperweight instead of a printer-scanner.

--
Lars Eighner
eighner@io.com