Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:19:10 +0200 (EET)
From:      Fredrik Aberg <fredi@research.zopps.fi>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hop limit=0, PAO and kame

Hi!

I am trying to get my lucent wavelan cards working
with kame. I test it between a PC (ISA wavelan card, wl if)
and a laptop (PCMCIA card, PAO wlp if).
The PC should forward the packets to an internal ipv6 network.

I have now a problem that the packets
from the laptop has hop limit set to 0 so that
they cannot be forwarded. What can be the problem?

Otherwise ping6 is working. And if I specify number of
hops to 2 or more (e.g. ping6 -h 2 ) it will work. I tried
to make the wlp interface supporting multicast with
defining MULTICAST, but maybe something more is needed.

Maybe it is something that should still be configured
for the wlp interface. I have to configure it after booting
the laptop, so maybe I should do something more than
ifconfig wlp0?

ifmcstat produces this (maybe it is some multicast group missing,
and if so how could they be added?):

lp0:
tun0:
lo0:
        inet6 fe80:3::1
        inet6 ::1
             group ff01::1
             group ff02:3::1
wlp0:
        inet6 fe80:4::a00:6aff:fe2a:17fa
        inet6 4000:0:2:0:a00:6aff:fe2a:17fa
              group ff02:4::1:ff2a:17fa

And I use Freebsd 2.2.8 Release, PAO 981225 for 228R and kame snap 990111.

Thanks in advance for any answers,
   Fredrik.