Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 20:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Marco A. Barbosa S." <mbarbosa@fciencias.ens.uabc.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   remote terminals...

hello all,
me again here... (hard to believe I am the sysadmin huh? *Grin*)
anyway... some of my users are like... using up all the
pty things, and they are bugging me about that... so, I would
like to add some more... and like I added some virtual terminals
to the console, well, I thought it would be kinda similar...
but... it wasnt, when I tried MAKEDEV pty it told me that
I was giving it a wrong number... hmmm...
well, I checked the /etc/ttys file, and there are like...
a bunch of other terminals, after ttypv, like... ttyq1 up to...
ttyPv or ttyQv, so I do not know how to enable them...

anyone has gone through that before?

thanks