Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:02:10 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A tricky PPP + Routing question

Hi,
I should probaly explain myself better :-) It's been a long day.

I have a C class network. 203.1.96.0 to 255. All valid.

Their addresses are:
Their end. 139.130.78.1
My end:    139.130.78.12

My Server Ethernet IP = 203.1.96.5

The carrier wants me to set up my PPP link so that it has one of their
addresses at their end, one of their addresses at my end, and I look after
routing from my network to their network. So in effect on my FreeBSD box, the
ppp link files contain both their addresses.
If my machine is configured as a gateway, which it is, does that mean if I set
up a route to their number which is at my end... from my Ethernet interface,
then all will be well. But how do I do that, or is it automagic.

I should pack it in for the day. Go have a glass of wine.

Thanks
Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,