Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:57:10 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: choosing ACLs

Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> writes:

> 	"man tunefs" mentions two types of ACLs: POSIX.1e and NFSv4.
> 	Am I correct in assuming an unqualified "ACL" in general usage
> defaults to the former, not the latter?

Nearly all ACL functionality is implemented in a single module, with NFS
ACLs being one of several "extensions" to the POSIX kind. I'd estimate
that most unqualified references actually apply to any ACLs at all, but
your assumption probably won't steer you all that far wrong.

I apologize for being a little non-commital here; I'm working on a small
screen and looking at code is inconvenient here.