Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:14:26 -0500
From:      "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dump and Restore

When I dump my files to a tape, I use the following method:

dump -0 -a -f /dev/nrsa0 -n -u /tmp; \
dump -0 -a -f /dev/nrsa0 -n -u /usr; \
dump -0 -a -f /dev/nrsa0 -n -u /var; \
dump -0 -a -f /dev/nrsa0 -n -u /mnt/vdrv

It runs all the dumps and appears to back everything up.  However, when I do

restore -i

and look at the tape, I see only the last file system that was dumped.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
     1.  Backup all file systems on one tape.
     2.  Be able to restore any file or directory from the backups to any
file system.

Does anyone see where I'm going wrong at or what could be done?  What are
some methods others use to do this using dump and restore?

--Todd