Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 09:57:25 -0700
From:      jnieten@ix.netcom.com (Joe Nieten)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to setup PPP client

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to setup one of my FreeBSD machines to be a PPP client.  I
went thru the Handbook (which is really nice BTW) and followed all the
instructions.  However, when I connect using the kermit.dial script as
recommended, the modem does not respond.  Also, when I connect by hand
the connection drops after a few minutes.  I've tries setting the modem
so that it does not hang up when the carrier is dropped.

Any ideas?

My particulars are:
Compaq 850 CDS w/ internal Sportster 14400 modem.