Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:31:03 -0400
From:      Sean McAfee <smcafee@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 3.2 fails to build on FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE/amd64

O. Hartmann wrote:
> As I mentioned, I did not and I can't risk deinstalling the working OO
> first and then installing and probably a failing OO 3.2.
>
> Regards,
>
> O. Hartmann

You can use `pkg_create -b name_of_port-with_version` to create a binary
backup.  If you can't get 3.2 installed, you just run pkg_add on the
resulting tbz and you're back in business.

I do this whenever I upgrade OO, Firefox, Thunderbird, or anything other
program I can't wait around for while I freshly compile.

--
Sean McAfee
Senior Systems Engineer