Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:31:20 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Mike Poore <michaelp@wilmington.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd

> in ppp.conf i put :
> default:
> set device /dev/cuaa0
> set speed 115200
> login: michaelp pass: roces1
> phone 763-6586

???? Is this really exactly what you've got in ppp.conf ?  Have you
looked at ppp.conf.sample ?

> i typed
> ppp -auto -alias pmdemand
> it said:
> Destination system not found in conf file

There's no ``pmdemand'' label in your config file.

> No default entry is given in conf file

Have you indented the lines as it says in the man page and in the
ppp*example files ?

> No password entry for this host in ppp.secret

If you're running with a ppp from FreeBSD 2.2.5 or before, you'll
need to set a password for accessing ppp.  Again, read the manual
page about this.

> can u give me an example of /etc/ppp/ppp.conf correctly? also do i need
> ppp.secret?

ppp.conf.sample is a sample ppp.conf.

> thanks... and by the way i tried to do it with the handbook on your
> handbook page but was unable to.. can anyone give me some help?

But the handbook gives example configuration lines.  You don't seem
to be trying to use any of them.....

> thanks again
> Mike

All the current documentation and sources are pointed at from
http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html.  There are piles of examples and
oodles of documentation.  The FAQ section tells you how to set up
logging and figure out what's going wrong.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;