Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:15:27 -0700
From:      Mike <addymin@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Beginner's question about csh/tcsh

Greetings:

I have a FreeBSD 4.9-stable server up and running and I ran across an
error (most likely mine) while using csh.

I normally use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to access the command history.
   However, this morning instead being able to go through the .history
file with the arrow keys (the arrow keys that are not part of the
numeric keypad), I get a "^[[A"  when using the up arrow key and a
"^[[B" when using the down arrow key.

I've tried to clear the .history file but I still get it.  I've also
tired to google through about 50 doc's and tutorials and through the
freebsd-questions archive but... no joy.

Any hints or questions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Michael Chinn