Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:45:31 +0200
From:      Mats Hellman <matshell@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Proliant ML110 installation issue.

I'm trying to do an FreeBSD install on my "new" HP Proliant ML110 server.
This thing has an Promise SATA RAID card, model PDC20621, I think it's
causing some problems. Since the server has only 2 x 160Gb SATA Maxtor
hotswap drives and a tape for backup I have the disks in RAID 1. Which ads
up to a nice 320Gb. The server is going to be used as HTTP/FTP server and
will be mirroring some files.
When I try to boot up the FreeBSD installation this is what happens.

The first "problem":

ad8 is the first 160Gb SATA

ad8: Failure - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFERMODE timed out
ad8: Failure - SETFEATURES ENABLE RCACHE timed out
ad8: Failure - SETFEATURES ENABLE WCACHE timed out

ad10 the second sata.

The same errors as ad8.

Then it hangs in a loop saying,

ad8: req=3D0xc1b0f960 SETFEATURES SET TRANSFERMODE semaphore timeout. Dange=
Will Robinsson !!

Anyone have a clue where to start fixing this or is it just incompatible
hardware?

Sincerely,

Mats Hellman