Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 02:40:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aic7xxx driver and parity error problems

 * I've just committed a new version of the aic7xxx driver that
 * I believe fixes the parity problems people were seeing.  If you
 * had parity problems, please try re-enabling parity checking in
 * SCSI-Select with the new driver and let me know.

I'm afraid it still doesn't work here.  I get the same "SCSISIGI=0x0"
during fsck, and it later panicks with "timed out command times out
again" while trying to start portmap.

As you know, sd0 (Atlas 2GB narrow) + sd1 (Microp 4GB wide) + cd0
(Toshiba CDROM).  The SCSISIGI message comes during the fsck of sd0.

Satoshi