Date:      Sun, 16 May 2004 13:14:25 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Subject:   Re: blacklist(s)

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 10:01:54AM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:00:58PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> >>According to the RFCs, one MUST NOT bounce mail sent to postmaster.
> >>One ought to read the rfc-ignorant.org site I mentioned.
> [ ... ]
> >	Well, bit again.  The line in my access file was
> >
> >	206.46                          550 Verizon email not wanted here
> >
> >	that I've commented out. This isn't the first time I've had
> >	to fine tune; it probably won't be the last.  Apologies!
>
> Consider using FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend') and add the following to
> the access map:
>
> Spam:abuse@		FRIEND
> Spam:postmaster@	FRIEND
>
> [ Pre 8.12 versions of sendmail use To: instead ]
>
> ...which will allow you to block mail as you please using IP or other
> reject rules, yet not prevent delivery of mail to postmaster and abuse...

	Outstanding idea, at least it seems.  This site has all
	the details:

	http://www.technoids.org/spamlovers.html

	I think that most email to postmaster should be allowed,
	any everything to abuse.

	thanks for the tip! (and a tip of the hat),

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix