Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:15:39 +0200
From:      "Rob Evers" <R.Evers@nedstat.com>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        clement@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/apache22 and ldap authentication

Hi,

I compiled www/apache22 with the following option:

# make WITH_LDAP_MODULES=3Dyes install

Everything works as expected but when I try to use basic authentication
with ldap it says:

"Unknown Authn provider: ldap"

I have this in my config:

<Location /muziek>
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymlinks
        AuthBasicProvider ldap
        AuthLDAPURL "ldaps://1.example.com/ou=3Dusers,ou=3Did,ou=3Dauth,
o=3Dexample,c=3Dcom?uid?one?(objectClass=3D*)"
        Require valid-user
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Some text"
        require valid-user
</Location>

I checked that the ldap modules are in /usr/local/libexec/apache22

# ls /usr/local/libexec/apache22/| grep ldap
mod_authnz_ldap.so
mod_ldap.so

But these modules don't seem to load when I add them like:

LoadModule mod_ldap libexec/apache22/mod_ldap.so

I get an error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 105 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `mod_ldap' in file
/usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_ldap.so: Undefined symbol "mod_ldap"

( I'm not even sure if this is needed or apr left them out because of =
these errors ??)

So is this a problem with botched modules or am I configuring things in =
a wrong way ?
Any help would be welcome......

Rob Evers