Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:17:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Darren Joy <darrenj@uk.uu.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Continuing Problems with DC390W and 4.2 Release

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, G=E9rard Roudier wrote:

> The same system was reported by Darren to works flawlessly with the NCR i=
> FreeBSD-3.2. Darren should check if tagged command queuing was enabled fo=
> his Conner hard disk in the configuration that worked.

I am 99% sure it was enabled when I was running 3.2 Release.

I can confirm that since disabling Tagged Commmand Queueing in 4.2 Release
as suggested by Ken ( thanks! ), I see no more problems from the NCR
driver.

I will now rebuild the box (for various reasons), and make those same
changes to the SYM driver ( disabling the Tagged Command Queueing ) and
see if that cures the problems I saw there.

This box isn't doing much, so I would be happy to try some tests on it if
it will help you identify some bugs. I can trash it at will for the
moment, but I will need to get it working again eventually =3D)

Regards

--=20
Darren Joy