Date:      Sat, 12 May 2007 12:09:19 -0500
From:      Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net>
To:        RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there any already-existing method for removing empty dirs through periodic?

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 04:02:00PM +0100, RW wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2007 00:05:58 -0500
> Josh Tolbert <hemi@puresimplicity.net> wrote:

> > This setup eats disk space fast. I've been using the clean-tmps daily
> > periodic to remove all files older than seven days from the video
> > location, which takes care of the space issue, but there's one more
> > little issue. It leaves a lot of empty directories. I could just
> > write a cron entry to take care of empty directories, but I'm hoping
> > there's something I'm missing and there's a way to remove empty
> > directories from the locations specified in daily_clean_tmps_dirs
>
> They should be deleted automatically, but it's based on when they are
> last modified, not just when the last file is removed, so it should take
> 14 days in your case.

Now that I look at it, you're right. Thanks. Sorry for wasting everyone's
time.

Thanks,

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
hemi@puresimplicity.net  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor
do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger
is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either
a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -- Helen Keller