Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:38:18 -0600
From:      "pini0n" <pini0n@brokenmachine.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question regarding FreeBSD and Linux

BSDers,

Im a newbie to linux but am catching on quickly.  Ive got the UNIX
basics down and am now getting into more of the advanced stuff.  While
Im battering at the learning curve for linux, I thought Id give FreeBSD
a chance on another HD of mine.  Here's my question:

How similar are linux and FreeBSD?

Im running Slackware 7 w/out a GUI like X or KDE, and so am curious as
to how similar the directory structures are, commands, etc.  Itll be
another week or two before Im able to install it, so, I thought Id get a
heads up on now on how similar the experience will be.

Thanks in advance,

pini0n
| Craig Luchtefeld | pini0n@brokenmachine.org |