Date:      Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:33:36 +0000
From:      Rek Jed <rekjed@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pxeboot, TFTP only, NFS MOUNT RPC error: 60, timeout

Hey,

I've been building FreeBSD jumpstart infrastructure and it mostly
works.  I'm using tftp  to boot off the network in to scripted
sysinstall.  I compiled the boot loader with tftp support but every time
I boot it will first try nfs, then timeout after around two minutes (it
cannot find nfs) and finally boot from tftp.  Is there any way that I
can make it boot from tftp straight away rather than wait for nfs to
timeout?

This is how I build the boot loader:

cd /usr/src/sys/boot
sudo make clean
sudo make LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES
sudo cp i386/pxeldr/pxeboot /jumpstart/tftpd/boot/pxeboot.0
sudo cp i386/boot0/boot0 /jumpstart/tftpd/boot/
sudo cp i386/boot2/boot1 /jumpstart/tftpd/boot/
sudo cp i386/boot2/boot2 /jumpstart/tftpd/boot/
sudo cp i386/mbr/mbr /jumpstart/tftpd/boot/

This is my loader.conf:

# loader.conf
init_path="/stand/sysinstall"
rootfs_load="YES"