Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:50:37 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@MexComUSA.NET>
To:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
Cc:        "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: staroffice51 An unrecoverable error has occurred

Edwin Culp wrote:

> Sean O'Connell wrote:
>
> > On 1999 Oct 11, Edwin Culp (aka eculp@MexComUSA.NET) wrote:
> > > I didn't install it there, to begin with;-)  Still, I can't seem to find the
> > > problem.
> >
> > Ed-
> >
> > I saw this problem with a user on a laptop running 3.2+PAO.  It
> > seems to mostly work under 3.3+PAO (other than the "unable to start
> > plugin manager ... I thought I had that fixed, but now it doesn't
> > work anymore ... sigh).
> >
> > I do my installs in /usr/local/Office51 with a net setup and then
> > have the users do a workstation setup.  StarOffice5.0 worked fine
> > for me.
>
> I've installed in /var/Office51, but I don't think that should make a
> difference.  I'm running current on an ams laptop, that could make a
> difference:-)  I really don't have any problems with it.  I'm going to play with
> setup and see if that changes anything.

Sean,

I can't really find that setup has any interesting options:-(  I have played with
ldconfig and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, even PATH with no avail.  I'm getting this in my
/var/log/messages.

Oct 11 07:42:42 local-27 /kernel: pid 28851 (soffice.bin), uid 0: exited on signal
6 (core dumped)
Oct 11 07:46:07 local-27 /kernel: pid 28874 (soffice.bin), uid 0: exited on signal
6 (core dumped)

I'm going to keep looking.

Thanks,

ed