Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 02:46:16 -0800
From:      "LeRoy" <circuit@concentric.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help with mail and freebsd

   To whom it may concern.

I am running Freebsd 2.2.7 with apache 1.3.0 and web server run's fine and
so does the mail.
The only problem I am having is host name translations in the sendmail 8.8.8
program.

Example.   www.example.net is the main web server page.  If I add any new
web sites for example www.testing.com
and setup mail for that web site like test@testing.com   the e-mail from the
server translates the return host name of test@example.net
in instead of test@testing.com .  Is this what happens if you run a Web
server and mail server all on the same computer?

P.S.   I also run a Windows NT web server and use the freebsd for mail.
Pointing to the mail server from NT makes mail work right.
Example.     www.tool.com     test@tool.com

If anyone has any ideas, Let me know with a example of how maybe I should
setup my DNS to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance
LeRoy